Private Music Teaching
Lessons in SchoolsLessons in school time are given by arrangement with the school. 10 lessons per term are paid for in advance. Individual or Shared lessons are available. Advice is given on instrument purchase or hire.
Instruments and topics
|I teach mostly in Dorset and welcome pupils from: Blandford Forum, Durweston, Stourpaine, Sturminster Newton, Iwerne Minster, Child Okeford, Charlton Marshall, Turnworth, Mere, Shaftesbury, Gillingham, Shillingstone, Yeovil, Dorchester, Wareham, Swanage, Salisbury, Poole, Bournemouth, Sherbourne, Farnham, Tollard Royal, Ringwood, Christchurch and beyond! For more details or to book a lesson contact me|
Support & ResourcesPupils learning an instrument focus on expressive tone production, comfortable articulation by tonguing, fingering movement, stable posture. Dedication to regular and effective practice is essential. Pupils are also encouraged to listen, particularly to exponents of their instrument. Included is:
- advice on instrument purchase or rental,
- support outside of the lesson visit by e-mail and online messenger,
- record of work covered in each lesson which can be sent via e-mail or printed,
- make a CD with the recording facilities in my Studio,
- recommended listening of recordings or live performances,
- Play-along Scorch pages, e.g. Clarinet Warm-Up
- lessons for mixed groups, e.g. saxophone and keyboard, ensembles, family, groups of friends and so forth,
- Masterclasses and Workshops for institutions, schools and colleges.
- Cover teaching delivering National Curriculum - Music at Foundation level, Key Stage 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Terms & Conditions